You’ve thought long and hard about how to make your resume stand out, but perhaps you’ve gone too far. A recent survey conducted by Harris Interactive for CareerBuilder.com asked hiring managers to share the most unusual resumes they’ve seen. Explaining that you work well in the nude? What they found might surprise you.
CareerBuilder.com Survey: Top 12 Resume Disasters
1. Candidate mentioned in his resume that he spent summers on his family’s yacht in Grand Cayman.
2. Candidate attached a letter from his mother.
3. Candidate used pale blue paper with teddy bears around the border.
4. Candidate explained a gap in employment by saying he was getting over the death of his cat for three months.
5. Candidate specified that his availability was limited because Friday, Saturday and Sunday were “drinking time”.
6. Candidate included a picture of herself in a cheerleading uniform.
7. Candidate drew a picture of a car on the outside of the envelope and said it was the hiring manager's gift.
8. Candidate’s hobbies included sitting on a levee at night watching alligators.
9. Candidate included the fact that her sister once won a strawberry-eating contest.
10. Candidate explained that they worked well in the nude.
11. Candidate explained an arrest by stating, “We stole a pig, but it was a really small pig.”Page 1 of 2 | Next Page