Where would the markets be without Europe? The answer is simple, Cramer said Thursday—we’d be higher.
In fact, the “Mad Money” host has 10 reasons why the stock market would be higher if we could “somehow declare independence from our European shackles.”
1. The transports. Union Pacific just reported great numbers, and that says the autos, chemicals, energy and assorted industrials are all strong.
2. Tech. We’ve heard good news from Intel and eBay , and Google has accelerating growth. Plus, if you take Apple at face value, “you can argue the future’s darned good, although the stock remains in show-me mode.”
3. Some industrial companies have reported some terrific numbers. While Alcoa disappointed, Parker Hannifin and Cooper hit it out of the park. And Nucor may have given downbeat projections, the company’s quarterly sales and earnings were fantastic.
4. Aerospace is “starting to turn on the jets.” Alcoa’s CEO Klaus Kleinfeld told Cramer the aerospace business is booming, and United Technologies reported no flaws in its aerospace division.
5. Retail is gearing up for the holiday season. Names like Macy’s , Nordstrom and Costco are near their highs, Target is inching up and TJX is coming back strong.Page 1 of 2 | Next Page